Cookies Policy [LAST UPDATED: April 25, 2018]
This cookies policy (the “policy”) was last updated on 25th April 2018 and refers to the website; [www.moira.ie] operated by mng.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files—usually consisting of letters and numbers—placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit a web site. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
These are the different types of cookies we and our service providers may use on our sites:
- Essential cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our sites (for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our web site or use a shopping cart). These cookies enable you to move around the sites and use their features. Disabling these cookies will encumber the sites’ performance and may make the features and service unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies. These cookies allow us to analyse activities on our sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our sites work. For example, we may use these types of cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for on our websites. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our website when they are using it. Analytics cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our sites’content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising cookies. These cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us and our service providers to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. When we and our service providers do so, this also involves partners such as publishers, data management platforms, and demand side platforms that help to manage the data. For example, if you look at one page on one of our sites, we may cause an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our sites or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services. We and our service providers and partners may also append other data to information collected by these cookies, including information obtained from third parties, and share this information with third parties for the purpose of delivering ads to you.
How does mng collect and use other information?
- Help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the sites;
- Process your orders;
- Analyse your visiting patterns to improve our sites;
- Deliver, communications, and content from us and third parties, on our sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use our sites, and how they use them, to keep our sites running efficiently and to better understand our sites’ audiences.
- If you register on one of our sites, or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our sites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes.
First party cookies
Third party cookies
You should also be aware that there are cookies which are found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance the website. You will see ‘social buttons’ on our Website, which enable you to share or bookmark the web pages.
Provider Name Purpose More info Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited. Expiry depends on the cookie in question.
Counts number of unique users that share content and how many page views are generated from the resulting share, aggregated and anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the Website before.
_utmb and _utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the Website.
Tracks identifies where you’ve come from e.g. from a search engine or from another Website.
How long do cookies stay on my device?
Some cookies operate from the time you visit our website to the end of that particular web browsing session. These cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser. These cookies are called “session” cookies.
Some cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions—they do not expire when you close your browser. These cookies are called “persistent” cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie. We and others use persistent cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our sites, how often you return, how your use of the sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
How do I manage cookies?
You can decide whether or not to accept cookies. One way you can do this is through your internet browser’s settings. Most internet browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings (please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our web site). The following websites provide information on how to adjust the cookies settings on some popular browsers:
Does mng use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
Our websites may also use so-called “Flash cookies” (also known as Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”) to, among other things, to remember settings, preferences, to provide special content, such as video and animation playback and for other site operations.
If you do not want Flash cookies stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash cookies storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash cookies by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash cookies (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash cookies that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time).
Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash cookies may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our services or online content.
What about other tracking technologies?
Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. mng may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our web sites or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Privacy at mng
How to Contact Us
- Or by email to;